Otological Silicone Strips
Silicone Strips, made of medical-grade silicone, are used in the process of packing the external auditory canal following surgical procedures such as tympanoplasty or stapedectomy. The strips are intended for temporary use (up to 30 days) and have rounded edges to minimize the risk of trauma to the auditory canal. They can be moistened prior to use using sterile saline solution.
The blue color of the strips aids in visualization during removal. The strips are also available in clear or white.
For temporary tamponade of the tympanic membrane and/or the auditory canal following otological procedures, for example, after tympanoplasty or stapes surgery
- Thin, soft and pliable material
- Economical pre-cut strips
- Non-adherent nylon material
- Transparent blue color for increased visualization
- For single use
- 30 Strips, 1 IFU per carton (3 Strips per pouch, 10 pouches per carton)