Montgomery® Esophageal Tube
The Montgomery® Esophageal Tube is used for two-stage reconstruction of the cervical esophagus. The tube features a funnel-shaped proximal end to conform to the hypopharynx and two firm oval bands designed to ensure proper positioning and to prevent leakage of saliva after laryngoesophagectomy.
The Montgomery® Esophageal Tube has three functions:
- it tends to eliminate the problem of profuse salivary leakage by way of the pharyngostome,
- it maintains a widely patent pharyngostome and esophagostome, and
- it creates a trough between the pharyngostome and esophagostome, facilitating the second-stage procedure.
To temporarily bridge the gap between the pharyngostome and esophagostome following laryngoesophagectomy and first-stage reconstruction of the cervical esophagus
- Implant grade silicone
- Non-adherent smooth surface
- Available in clear or radiopaque material
For single use
1 Tube, 1 IFU per carton